13 Jun What Causes Bloating? 10 Causes of a Bloated Belly
What Really Causes Stomach Bloating
It’s completely normal to have a big belly after eating a massive meal – That’s what your stomach is for anyway! But having a constantly bloated stomach is another story.
Always having a bloated stomach? Here are the causes, reasons for the bloat and may be how you can treat the disorder. It is important to note that bloating has become very common in modern days that doctors refer to it as an epidemic.
High levels of stress, medications taken daily, poor diet, and being exposed to different pollutants may increase risk of belly bloating.
Belly bloating can be very disturbing and very embarrassing especially when gas accumulates in your stomach. This means constantly going to the bathroom for relief.
As simple as belly bloating may seem, it may be a sign for more and serious health issues like allergy, disorder in the digestive system, cancer etc. Therefore, it is a condition that should be taken seriously. Let us go deeper.
Symptoms of a Bloated Belly
Bloating is simply building up of gas in the stomach that makes your stomach protrude and makes you very uncomfortable. Some people joke of the condition that they “look pregnant”.
Some belly bloating may not be that serious and by changing your diet you may eliminate it. However, some needs some medical assistance and it is advisable you the doctor.
When you are bloated look for the following signs and symptoms:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Feeling gassy and full in the belly
- Skin rashes
- Blood in the urine
- Itching throat
- Having Watery eyes
- Irregular and unpredictable periods in women
- Low level of concentration
- Unintentional loss of weight
- Being allergic
- Pain in your joints
Top 10 Causes of a Bloated Belly
You might ask yourself whether there is a specific cause of bloat. It becomes very confusing to know the cause of a bloated belly since a lot of many things may affect the digestive system and how the metabolism (the breakdown of food to release energy) works and the release of waste from the body. Some of the causes of bloat include:
- Constipation –This makes stool to stay for long in the intestines leaving stomach pain and gas. By eating too much fibre, stress and not doing any physical activity are pretty causes of constipation.
- Being dehydrated – By taking too much salty food causes your body to lack water and this consequently leads to bloating.
- Digestive disorders
- Retention of fluid in the body– this may lead to temporary gaining of weight and even liver disease, which result to hepatitis, jaundice and acute pain in the stomach.
- Overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine
- Infection – check signs of fever, pain in the nodes as a result of infection.
- Obstruction of the bowel– this causes many problems like nausea, vomiting and constipation.
- Hormonal changes, this mostly in ladies.
- Food allergies
In conclusion, to eliminate belly bloat, take raw dairy, fruits and veggies rich in water, take herbs and spices. Avoid sweetened snacks, yoghurts, refined grain products, legumes, chewing gum, carbonated drinks and manmade sweeteners. You can also seek medical attention, do exercises and take enough water.
"I'm a cop you idiot!" -Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kindergarten Cop